November POTA Challenge Update
As we come to the close of the 2022 SARA POTA Challenge, our hunters and activators are not slowing down. In fact, park activity is still commencing at full speed. W0NKA crossed over in Legend territory in November, and there has been some changes in Top 3 positions for all categories. Activators have also been busy. We now have 5 members with over 1,000 activator contacts. It looks like folks are keeping the pedal to the metal for December as we work toward an exciting finish to our first ever POTA Challenge.
With the end of the 2022 SARA POTA Challenge visible on the horizon, some members have started to ask “what are we going to do next year?” If you have thoughts or ideas on what you would like to see for a challenge next year, please get them to us.
Other POTA News:
- Self-uploading of your POTA logs is here! And it is super simple and very quick. Log in to the pota.app webpage, select the “My Logs Upload” in the pop-up when hovering over your callsign, drag & drop your adif file – properly named (eg: KC0OIO@K-9386-20220701.adi and click on the required boxes and up it goes. Doesn’t get any simpler than that.
- Our next big park event will be our Split Rock trip on November 4.
The Parks on the Air resource page is a great place to get your POTA questions answered.
To participate in the POTA Challenge, there are three simple steps required
– Register for an account at parksontheair.com
– Notify Bob – W0GAF, or Brian – KB9TBB that you want to participate
– Go out and work some parks